This is the wisdom I've garnered from the weekend:
1) Your landlord will come in without permission.
2) He/she will not understand why this would bother you.
3) He/she will also not understand why you wouldn't want your car towed.
4) He/she will not be helpful at all in your attempts to recover the car or to turn your hot water back on.
5) He/she will also not find it amusing when you make sarcastic jokes about their incompetence.
6) Your jokes will not make them more competent.
7) No one but the manager has any idea what you're talking about.
8) The manager has been kidnapped by evil aliens or the President and will never be in when you call.
9) Hot rollers are awesome.