Seek and you will find

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Why SafeSearch is always a good idea

The other day I was searching for something on the Google. I got as far as "How to get" and these were the results that popped up, based on what people search for the most:



Result # 1: How to get married in Skyrim. For those of you lucky enough not to know, Skyrim is a video game that I am way too familiar with, courtesy of my husband. I have lots of questions about this. Why would you want to get married in Skyrim? Do you get bonus points? Is there an extra level where you have to balance your checkbook together and figure out how to file joint taxes?

Result #2: How to get Facebook timeline ...really? Barring the fact that Facebook timeline is the 21st century's version of being crushed to death slowly with lots of heavy rocks, Facebook asks to you to change to timeline every single time you log in. Every. Single. Time. Just log on and start clicking random buttons; you'll get there eventually.

Result #3: How to get rid of hickeys. My mom reads this and my Mamaw just got an iPad, so all I am going to say about this is that Googling it will probably get you some weird results, especially in the images section. And shame on you, Google - little kids could have access to this. Although hopefully not without their parents, but you've still created thousands of awkward conversations across the country.

And, yes, for those of you wondering, that is Bumblebee the Transformer on my browser background. I'm just that awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment